TECHNICAL/ROLE SPECIFIC DUTIES
Role Specific Duties
- Prepare dimensional drawings from customer and tender drawings Responsible for all 3D stimulation / programming / modelling and assessment of tooling capabilities.
- Keep and maintain up to date drawing register and assist with drawing updates.
- Assist with job data entry (ITMS) Assist CO’s and customers with drawing requirements and quote preparation Prepare, estimate and submit quotations to customers including project specific information (e.g. material prices, outsourcing, etc) Program pressbrakes without the need for operator to amend Liaise with customers and business development team to ensure design is as required.
- Source components from suppliers Win and enter orders as required.
- Prepare bill of materials.
- Revise and update existing drawings as required. To develop manufacturing solutions that utilise the supply chain to fulfil customer needs and expectations.
- To understand the quality requirements of the customer and to convey them clearly to production in the form of written instructions and drawings.
- Add value where ever possible to Unique Laser and its Clients.
Recording and Reporting
- Maintain customer correspondence, quote folders, drawing revisions and as per specific training.
- Follow up quotations as required and correctly record outcomes.
- Report all workplace issues, including behaviours that make you feel uncomfortable or appear to be contrary to UML policies.
- Record and report all issues that impact the ability to perform the required duties.
- Comply with all UML Policies, Procedures and Cardinal Safety Rules.
- Comply with current legislation as required of your role Follow direct instructions.
- Identify and report any unnecessary waste – Provide specific examples.
- Report areas of improvement within the business to management.
Environment and Tools
- Ensure that you are presenting a friendly demeanour and a positive, helpful attitude.
- Assist the business with additional duties that are asked of you within, but not limited to your experience or range of knowledge.
- Assist as required with training and instruction to new employees in the performance of their roles as requested by management.
- Maintain individual skills to the level expecled by changing technology by aclively attending and participating in any relevant training programs.
Educational Qualifications and Special Training
- Has extensive experience in 3D Drafting in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with 3D modelling software, preferred inventor.
- AutoCAD experience.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND PARTICULAR SKILLS REQUIRED
- Is proficient in the use of 3D (Inventor) design tools
- Produce shop drawings so that the item is manufacturable
- Ability to program the Press Brakes without the need for the operator to amend.
- Can estimate times for fabrication processes Experienced in Manufacturing Engineering with a high degree of experience in design for manufacturing processes.
- Has experience in laser cutting and fabrication processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Has good organisational skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised with customers Excellent customer service / negotiation skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Has sound computer skills and is familiar with MS Office