Accountants manage their own performance, work in progress, and billing under the guidance of a Manager. All work is produced to the highest standard. They’re expected to learn and adhere to the firm’s policies, procedures, and best practice.
Manage your own performance
– Understand productivity targets: make sure your week is
planned with an adequate level of work.
– Attend team huddle meetings to discuss capacity, workflow
and any assistance required.
– Ensure all write-offs are investigated, discussed and analysed
with your Manager along with strategies for avoiding repeats
– Uphold quality processes, services and products in line with
our brand values and commitment to service.
– Review clients’ electronic MYOB, QuickBooks and Xero files,
prepare and process journal entries.
– Prepare interim and end of year accounts, financial
statements, income tax returns, FBT returns, activity
statements and workpapers for individuals/sole traders,
partnerships, trusts and companies.
– Complete required documentation and liaise with clients and
team regarding the establishment of new companies and
– Assist with the tax planning process, including preparing
calculations, analysis and schedules.
– Assist with the preparation of budgets, cashflows and
– Research and assist with the preparation of client
correspondence and advice.
– Research and respond to queries from clients and team.
Manage workflow, work in progress and billing
– Report all outstanding WIP to your Manager each month so
you can work out a game plan together.
– Identify top ten WIP to bill each month and prepare invoices
in time for billing.
– Ensure that bills are prepared and that draft bills and WIP are
ready for review and approval each month.
Develop accounting knowledge and expertise
– Attend on the job training, coaching and mentoring to
improve your technical expertise.
– Identify and promote areas for own training and follow-up
development, monitoring progress each month.
– Request feedback from Manager on own performance and
action where required.
– Attend monthly review meetings with Manager to review the
previous month and plan for the next month.
– Review Career Development Plan every quarter to assess the
progress of training and goals. You’re responsible for driving
your own career development, and we’ll support you.
Work is completed on time and meets client expectations
– Ask questions regarding expectations and job requirements
(scope of work, fees, turnaround time) so you can provide an
exceptional service for clients.
– Deadlines for completion are agreed at the start of all jobs
and discussed with Manager in every instance where these
are not met. Always be aware of potential roadblocks and
delays so you can work together on a solution.
– All jobs have a client engagement agreement and scope of
work in place (if over $2k) before work commences.
– Liaise with Manager regarding outstanding client invoices.
– Where directed, communicate with clients regarding
Manage ATO lodgment process
– Ensure all ATO documents are lodged on time.
– Review tax agent list for client due dates each month.
– Discuss status of all lodgments with Manager each week to
determine reasons for delay.
– Deals proactively with technical issues and learns from review points · Resolves problems in a timely manner and follows up to ensure problems are solved satisfactorily. · Strong written and verbal communication skills · Relationship management skills · Planning and organizational skills
– Able to manage own workload and establish priorities. · Seeks to identify and address workflow issues clearing roadblocks.
– Strives to achieve own KPIs.
– Communicates clearly and in a timely manner with team and clients ensuring they always know what’s happening and why.
– Takes responsibility for own personal and technical development.
– Seeks regular feedback on performance and actions accordingly
– Courage – being strong and taking ownership.
– Respect – sincere and honest interaction.
– Excellence – exceeding expectations because we care.
– Fun – living life with passion.
– Trust – we have your back and do what we say