Key Duties & Responsibilities
– Processing of DEXT transactions accurately and pushing transactions to XERO for matching to bank transactions.
– Processing and accurately coding bank transactions from bank feeds in Xero.
– Ensure all expense and revenue items are allocated to the correct account.
– Assist with the flow of information between clients and our firm.
– Follow up to clients with queries.
– Input supplier payments into banking platform and ensure adequate cash flow margin.
– Prepare Draft Business Activity Statements (BAS’s) and Instalment Activity Statements (IAS’s) for review by the Accountants.
– Analyse and record bank expenses and upload reference documents to adequately evidence expenditure.
– Prioritise and prepare supplier’s invoices in the banking platform for authorisation.
– Check time records, match hours worked, leave taken, etc. for each employee and update wages.
– Run payroll, issue pay slips and upload pay for employees to banking platform for authorisation.
– Enter records of new employee in Xero as required.
– Submit Single Touch Payroll data to the Australian Tax Office.
– Upload contractor payments to banking platform for authorisation.
– Ensure that all accounting transaction data for the prior month has been correctly entered.
– Submit employee superannuation payments.
– Prepare and submit Business Activity Statement via Xero.
– Finalise annual STP reporting to the ATO for employees.
– Calculate and prepare submission of Payroll Tax payment.
– Ensure that all accounting transaction data has been correctly entered into records • Perform other related duties as may be assigned by client.
Qualifications & Experience
– Experienced XERO user, certified XERO, MYOB and DEXT user is an advantage.
– Must know how to use Microsoft Office applications.
– Knowledge of Australian taxation legislation.
– Exceptional attention to detail.
– Confidence to advise clients based on sound knowledge.
– Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
– Willingness to learn, show initiative and be a positive “team player”.
– Positive and happy attitude.
– Highest standard of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism.
– Excellent time management skills.
– Ensure that work and lodgement deadlines are met for all clients that you are responsible for
– Your timely assistance of accountants and clients to ensure that work and lodgement deadlines are met for all clients
– Support the entire CloudTec Accountants Team to ensure that our clients are always delighted
– Contribute to the happy and positive working environment