Our Tax department is seeking to bring on board an experienced Supervisor / Manager to join our busy tax team. You will be working directly with the Tax Partner and assisting a wide variety of corporate clients with their tax needs.
The Client is one of Australia’s leading mid-tier-chartered accounting firms. Located in heart of the CBD, we are a young and dynamic organization that provides a challenging and stimulating work environment.
Our Tax Advisory division is seeking to bring on board an experienced Supervisor / Manager to join our expanding team.
You will be working closely with the Tax Partner in assisting a wide variety of clients with their tax needs, including listed companies, large corporate entities and high net worth individuals in various industry sectors such as IT, mining, energy, environmental, professional services, property development, entertainment and hospitality, medical and research, and other cutting-edge fields.
You will be responsible for managing and completing taxation assignments for our diverse portfolio of clients covering both compliance and consulting matters. The split of compliance and consulting work is likely to be 50/50 overall, including tax-effect accounting reviews for audit clients.
Skills and Experiences:
- You will be a problem solver who can think laterally and is commercial and practical in your approach to delivering work in a timely and professional manner. You will be able to work independently and will also work as part of a team on larger projects.
- Excellent Communication Skill both written and verbal.
- Candidates with experience in managing and mentoring staff will be looked upon favorably.
- It is essential that you are well versed in Australian tax law and familiar with State-based duty issues. You will be expected to be experienced in tax consolidation, issues associated with trusts, capital gains tax, the treatment of tax losses, preparation, and review of tax effect accounting, and preparation of complex income tax returns. You will also be at least familiar with indirect taxes and employment taxes.
- Ideally, you will be CA or part CA qualified and looking to complete your Master of Taxation.
- Minimum of 4 years of tax experience.
- Familiarity with using Solution 6, Xero, MYOB, and CCH are also desirable. You will be looking to further grow and develop both your technical and client management skills.
- Job Types: Full-time, Contract