Reporting directly to a nominated manager or supervisor, or director, the primary capabilities include
but are not limited to:
Key responsibilities (general):
• Renders direct assistance and support to the assigned partner/manager
• Perform designated activities, including but not limited to
o ASIC lodgments and other company secretarial work
o Debtor collection
o ITR signing and lodgment administrative
• Calendar management
• Monitors, books, and manages all travel managements for partners
• Complete management projects and functions as directed
• Handle incoming and outgoing communications, including electronic mails
• Maintains and updates confidential files
• Performs other related duties as required by the client
Key responsibilities (specific):
• Maintain staff payroll records, updating bank accounts and super funds, as necessary.
• Reconciliation s for payroll.
• Manage salary sacrifice contributions for participating staff.
• Manage recruitment process: place adverts; review applications; schedule interviews.
• Prepare Employment Agreements and Position Descriptions.
• Request CV police checks.
• Set up new staff in Xero payroll.
• Schedule 3 x monthly ‘new staff’ reviews.
• Scan and save all documentation.
• Follow ex staff checklists – complete all documentation and exit from all systems.
• Close out in AE and Xero.
• Maintain Staff Recruitment and Resignation spreadsheet (for MD’s report to CUP).
• Manage 6-monthly staff review process (schedule; follow-up review notes, scan and save; ensure all
• Diarise anniversary dates of staff on award rates; update pay spreadsheet + Xero as required.
• Run staff (loyalty) incentive/award scheme (3, 5 & 7 yrs.) – bonus payments made Jan + July.
• Monitor and record staff study leave for University / TAFE exams.
• Maintain leave calendar.
• Prepare Monthly Team Meeting Agenda.
• Email staff requesting nominations for Team awards.
• Collate award nominations and send to Partners prior to the Team Meeting.
• Draft Agenda.
• Attend meeting and take minutes.
• Update matters arising spreadsheet.
• Follow-up outstanding resolutions.
• Process circular resolutions.
• Annual CUP surveys, e.g., Culture and Engagement, Workplace Gender Equality.
• Tenancy issues – with Chapman and Frazer
• High level of English, both verbal and written
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office
• Competent in computer peripherals
• XERO, Handisoft and other Australian software will be highly regarded
• ASIC lodgment experience is an advantage
• High accuracy in data entry of information with high attention to details
• Keen to learn new concepts quickly, and independently if required, including computer
• Ability to problem solve and use initiative
• Highly motivated with exceptional work ethic and client focus
• Strong time management skills and able to work within frames